First off, the nose is remarkable. Think: ripened red fruit, black and sour cherries, sweet vanilla, and myrtle. This Tuscan blend takes an untraditional route by blending in Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with Sangiovese, creating a full-bodied wine that is — to be blunt — exceptional. Goes well with beef, pork, or veal dishes.
The Tenuta Tignanello estate is located in the heart of the Chianti Classico appellation, just south of Florence. It’s operated by the Antinori family, with the aim of reconciling tradition and modernity. But above all else, its wines speak to the Tuscan origin from which they come. The wines are internationally regarded as a symbol of the region and of a passion for the winemaking craft.
- Blend: Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc (percentage N/A)
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Limestone and schist
- Fermentation: Fermentation in truncated conical tanks where each individual must was macerated, then placed in small oak barrels for malolactic fermentation
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged 14-16 months in French and Hungarian oak barrels; An additional year of aging in-bottle before release