Looking for a wine that’ll make you stick ya pinky out? Exhibiting classic red Burgundy aromas of strawberry and black cherries, this wine is delicate and pure on the palate, with just enough grip to make the finish stick around. Decant it a bit and discover earthier notes the longer it opens up.
Bertrand Machard de Gramont created the estate in 1984 after a career in Burgundian winemaking. In 2001, production expanded significantly after some replanting on previously abandoned soil. In 2004, Axelle Machard de Gramont, Bertrand’s daughter, took over the domaine and she is the current owner and winemaker. Under her leadership, the domaine has converted to organic production and all wines are fermented with natural yeasts in order to show respect for the land and showcase purity of the wines.
- Farming Practices: Organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Clay and limestone
- Fermentation: 2 weeks of fermentation in wooden tanks
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: Minimal sulphites added
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged 18-20 months in 228-liter used oak barrels