Who knew viognier would be as addictive as this Chilean import? Don't think for a minute you won't enjoy this fun organic white. Yes, it is cloudy, but think of that as the ultimate flavor booster that expresses the hints of pineapple, lemon peel and slightly floral notes this wine shows. Let's call this, simply, fun in a bottle.
The Echeverría family has been active in Chilean agriculture since the 18th century, but their current vineyards and winery were founded in 1923. The grapevines are French pre-phylloxera rootstocks. Production was originally for bulk wines until 1990 when the estate was converted to produce quality wines, with their first solo vintage on the market in 2001. Since then, the estate has been regarded as one of the first boutique producers in Chile, located in the outskirts of Molina in Chile’s Curicó Valley. At the heart of their winemaking philosophy is a respect for sustainability and a commitment to social responsibility.
- Farming Practices: Practicing organic; Sustainable
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Calcareous clay and limestone
- Fermentation: Destemmed; Direct press; Fermented in stainless steel for 25 days; Partial malolactic fermentation
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: No added sulfur
- Filtration: Unfiltered; Unfined
- Maturation: None