Provence is more than just rosé and this Bandol rouge is here to prove it. Big, juicy, lush... it's all the right things. And you know what feels so right? Pouring a glass of this classic but hidden gem.
Château Pradeaux is located on the Mediterranean coast between Toulon and Marseilles and has been in the Portalis family since before the French Revolution. Today, the domaine is led by Cyrille Portalis who continues to maintain the great traditions of this estate which is perhaps one of the most paramount winemaking estates in the AOC.
- Blend: 95% Mourvèdre, 5% Grenache
- Farming Practices: Practicing organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Limestone and clay
- Fermentation: After crushing, the wine is co-fermented whole-cluster in large foudre for about 1 month
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: 70 g/L
- Filtration: Unfined; Unflitered
- Maturation: 4 years in wood foudres