Without question, Deutz Brut Champagne is a go-to for special occasions small or large — all in a half bottle. Bright, fresh acidity frames a rich palate of pear, pastry cream, and pickled ginger. Choose this to ring in the moment or to top off epic evenings.
Founded in 1838 by William Deutz and Pierre Gelderman, this honorable Champagne house is based in the historic town of Ay — one of the 17 top-rated Grand Cru villages of Champagne. Total production is about two million bottles with 75% of the grapes coming from Grand and Premier Cru vineyards. The estate is spread over five villages, including some of the most beautiful locations in the Champagne region, which is why Deutz has developed an undeniable level of prestige.
- Blend: 38% Pinot Noir, 32% Pinot Meunier, 30% Chardonnay
- Farming Practices: Sustainable
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Limestone and chalk
- Fermentation: Grapes are pressed using automatic and traditional Coquard basket presses; Malolactic fermentation occurs; The wine is then fermented in 3,000-gallon tanks for two weeks and then left to age and be hand-riddled in traditional racks
- Dosage: A half-ounce blend of cane sugar and old vintage wine
- Maturation: A blend of several vintages is ages for 3 years en tirage