If you are a die-hard Beaujolais fan, then this is the Cru made just for you! We were able to scoop up a bit of this limited quantity quaffer for your drinking pleasure. We'll get a bit geeky here and let you know that this wine is certified organic, with full whole-cluster carbonic maceration, fermented in cement tanks, and then aged in foudre for nine months. Unfined, unfiltered. No SO2 added. If that got your tongue tingling, then you understand all of that was a tasting description. Get some while you can!
Pierre Cotton's family has been farming grapes and producing wine at the same cellar in Odenas since 1856. Today, Pierre and his partner Marine are the sole producers. After working for a short stint as a motorcycle mechanic, Pierre spent two years in the Loire Valley before returning to the domaine. In 2014, he reclaimed one hectare of Côte de Brouilly for his first cuvée — 100% Cotton. In 2020, Pierre's partner Marine Bonnet officially joined the domaine. Marine has a background as an agronomist specialized in viticulture, and Pierre and Marine now manage both the vineyards and winemaking together.
- Farming Practices: Organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Corne Verte (a unique blend of pink granite and blue diorite)
- Fermentation: Carbonic maceration with whole clusters and spontaneous fermentation with native yeasts
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: No added sulphites
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: 8 months in foudres