Some wines are meant to be the life of the party. So, open your fave playlist and pour a glass of this lighter-style southern Rhône red. Concentrated aromas of dark fruit, pleasant herbs and spice prelude a cherried palate that’s both deep and fresh. A natural choice for marinated beef dishes, cheeseburgers, or duck.
Château Vieux Moulin is located in Montbrun-des-Corbières in the heart of the Corbières appellation, in France’s Languedoc region. Dating back over 200 years, the domaine is now run by Alexandre They, who took over the estate in 1998 along with his wife, Laurence. He distinguished himself in the region as a visionary winemaker who stays true to the style of Corbières wines. Respect for biodiversity and the inner workings of nature are at the core of his philosophy.
- Blend: 35% Syrah, 35% Mourvedre, 10% Grenache, 10% Carignan
- Farming Practices: Certified Organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual and mechanical
- Soils: Clay-limestone and schist
- Fermentation: Whole berry vinified without crushing; Fermentation in a cement vat
- Yeast: Native
- Filtration: Unfined; Light filtration before bottling
- Maturation: Aged 1 year in barrel