The third generation winemakers have given us reason to be impressed by their work with wines made in the local tradition. This Dolcetto is easily an everyday wine. Light-bodied, it displays savory raspberry flavors, accented by blueberry, rustic pepper notes, violet florals and licorice-tinged minerals. Serve with dark meat dishes, babagnoush, or anything with mushrooms.
Third generation winemakers Fausto and Cinzia Cellario operate Poderi Cellario, located in Carrù, a village on the western outskirts of the Langhe region. The family believes in working only with local, indigenous Piemontese grape varieties and staunchly supports local winemaking traditions.
- Farming Practices: Organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Fermentation: Spontaneous fermentation with 4-8 days of skin maceration
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: Minimal sulphites added
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged in stainless steel for 7 months and in bottle for 3 months