What's great about this sparkler is that it's low in alcohol and high in refreshing acidity. A thirst-quencher that packs tons of juicy citrus flavor, the palate progresses to show notes of honey and raw almond with a bit of minerally funk. For those looking for something multifaceted, here you go.
Massimo Marchiori and Antonella Gerosa are the Italian couple behind Partida Creus, having settled in the Baix Penedès area of Spain around the year 2000. After much searching for the right place to start growing wines in this region of abandoned vineyards, they were able to carve out a spot for themselves and create provoking natural wines. Their focus has been to revive awareness of indigenous Catalan varietals (like Xarel-lo, Trepat, Ull de Perdiu, etc.) and prove to even the locals that there is value in native grapes as an expression of place and heritage.
- Farming Practices: Organic; Biodynamic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Calcerous clay
- Fermentation: Spontaneous fermentation in stainless steel
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: No added sulphites
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged 10 months in bottle sur lie