Limes, lemons, oranges… oh my? Something like that. What we mean is: here’s a great quality white Bordeaux at a price that doesn’t make you think twice. Smooth, waxy Semillon and tart, herby Sauvignon Blanc come together to create a wine with notes of lychee and chamomile. Perfect straight out of the ice bucket.
Chȃteau Loumelat is ideally located on the Gironde estuary in Bordeaux. Owned by the Mariochaud family since 1778, the vineyard has been under the supervision of the Lesgourgues family since 1991. Production pays homage to the traditional approaches of Bordeaux wine, while drawing inspiration from the modern and dynamic approaches of the Côtes de Blaye appellation.
- Blend: 80% Sauvignon Blanc; 20% Semillon
- Farming Practices: Sustainable
- Soils: Sandy-clay and clay-limestone
- Fermentation: Fermented in stainless steel vats at 64 degrees F for 12 days
- Yeast: Native
- Filtration: Filtered; Unfined
- Maturation: Maturation on fine lees with periodic stirring