Hailing from one of the world’s largest biodynamic farms, this low-intervention sparkling rosé is made from Pinot Noir and drinks like a sturdy pet-nat. Aromas of red cherry candy, pomegranate juice and just-picked raspberry create for an iNoiting nose. The palate continues those flavors with notes of wild strawberry and rhubarb, and a slightly yeasty finish with a bit of bite. Made for summer nights on the stoop.
Meinklang is a family-run farm growing not only wine grapes, but also wheat, vegetables, and wild herbs. It is set in the middle of Neusiedlersee National Park in the Burgenland region of Austria where biodiversity and natural complexity are all around. Meinklang wines are made with an eye toward this unique terroir.
- Farming Practices: Biodynamic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Sandy loam
- Fermentation: Short maceration, spontaneous fermentation in stainless steel, finished in pressure tanks
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: 20 mg/L total
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged in bottle