When we first tasted the Madson Syrah, we knew we needed it on our shelves. That's because a well made syrah is freakishly perfect and all kinds of intriguing. Expect flavors of green olive, blackberries, lilac or pepper. Get lost in that nose.
Launched by winemaker Cole Thomas in 2018, Madson Wines products are made with a deep respect for the vineyard. They do not own or make wine from "estate" vineyards. Instead, they farm an array of vineyards that are profoundly unique in their delivery of fruit, working alongside growers to cultivate a collaborative expression of origin in their wines. In acknowledgement of the rapid effects of climate change, Madson has committed to regenerative agricultural practices.
- Farming Practices: Organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Sandy loam
- Fermentation: Spontaneous fermentation in neutral or seasoned oak casks
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: Minimal sulphites added
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered