Domaine de l’Echelette is located in the heart of Burgundy and the estate’s rosé crémant is a testament to the region. Made from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, this sipper is juicy but finishes dry, with flavors of mellow citrus, tropical fruits and toasted breadiness. Very delish.
Located in the heart of Burgundy, Domaine de l’Echelette is located in the small commune of La Chapelle-Sous-Brancion. The buildings that are part of the domaine date back to the late 19th century and were inspired by many 17th century Renaissance châteaux. Michel Champliaud purchased the estate in 1976 and works rigorously to create wines that adhere to true Burgundy tradition.
- Blend: 50% Pinot Noir, 50% Chardonnay
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Clay and limestone
- Fermentation: The two grapes are vinified separately, then blended after about 6 months in time for the second fermentation – Prise de Mousse – which is in-bottle
- Yeast: Native
- Maturation: Aged one year on the racks