You like it spicy, don’t you? We see you. This bold wine is so ensnaring that after the first sip you’ll be speaking its language (which is Catalan). Juicy and bursting with red fruit, this wine finishes fresh with tons of magical black pepper and allspice notes. Pair with tapas and the like.
Francesc Ferre’s family has been farming grapes organically in Corbera d’Ebre for over 200 years, but it wasn’t until 2009 when they began. The new project was led by Francesc, who was just 21 at the time and fresh out of school. The wines speak to Corbera’s combination of Mediterranean sun, evening winds from the sea, and cool nights due to high elevation. Today, winemaking is overseen by Francesc and his brother Joan with a devotion to natural techniques.
- Blend: 40% Grenache Noir, 40% Carignan, 20% Grenache Peluda
- Farming Practices: Certified Organiuc
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Stony and calcerous clay
- Fermentation: Cofermentation
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: No added sulphites
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged 12 months in 300L oak barrels