Glug-glug this "Glou Glou"! Do we need to say more? We don't think so. But, just in case you need more convincing... We think this is delicious!
The estate has existed since 1840, but it was in 1983 that Jean-Baptiste Duperray's father took over the family business in Saint-Julien (near Villefranche sur Saône). Jean-Baptiste has just recently joined him at the estate. The harvest is sorted in the vineyard, while the harvest is picked up as late as possible for the sake of maturity. The king grape variety (Gamay) is highlighted during vinification to draw all its aromatic richness.
- Farming Practices: Sustainable
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Silt and clay
- Fermentation: Wholecluster fermentation without additives and at cool temperature
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: No added sulphites
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged in cement vats for 5 months