A quintessentially Kiwi rendition of Sauvignon Blanc, this wine goes well with summer (or any other month of the year when you wish it was summer). Balanced tropical notes of pineapple and guava couple with the grassy, grapefruit-y flavors you know and love. A good mate for tangy cheeses, lemony oysters, or watercress salad.
Dog Point — located in New Zealand’s famed Marlborough region — is the largest certified organic vineyard by Biogro NZ. The endeavor is family-owned and one the oldest privately established vineyards in the country. The Dog Point label was born in 2004 by couples Ivan and Margaret Sutherland, and James and Wendy Healy, choosing a name that paid homage to the boundary dogs who once helped herd sheep in the area.
- Farming Practices: Certified organic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Silty clay laom
- Fermentation: Whole-cluster fermentation prior to pressing; Fermented in stainless steel tanks
- Yeast: Native and cultured
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged in steel tanks for 2 to 3 months