Hello, biodynamic French vin de soif. We reach for this jammy Minervois blend for almost any occasion because we love that it feels both rustic and contemporary. Tons of blackcurrant on the nose set the stage for a full-bodied palate with lush flavors of raspberry, blueberry and herbaceous garrigue. Pair with smoky, tender, finger-lickin'-good ribs.
Led by winemaker Robert Eden and co-owner Kevin Parker, Château Maris is the first certified B Corp winery in Europe. It was in 1997 that Eden fell in love with the area of La Livinière (meaning “place planted with vines”) and moved there to embark in winemaking. At the helm, Château Maris has farmed organically and biodynamically since the start, going so far as becoming a world-renowned specialist in biodynamics, inspiring global environmental change. Château Maris was the first vineyard in AOC Minervois to be fully certified biodynamic, receiving Biodyin certification in 2004 and Demeter certification in 2008.
- Farming Practices: Certified organic; Biodynamic
- Harvesting Method: Hand-harvested
- Soils: Schist, sandstone, quartz, marble and limestone
- Fermentation: Extraction by pumping down; Light pumping over for 4 weeks of maceration
- Yeast: Native
- Sulfur: No added sulfur
- Filtration: Unfiltered; Unfined
- Maturation: 16 months in concrete eggs and vats