Aslina is a standout amongst other Sauvignon Blancs because it is just that good. This South African import is the creation of Ntsiki Biyela, the first Black woman winemaker in South Africa. This is the first of Ntsiki's wines that we have on our shelves and we are chomping at the bit to experience more. It's the main reason we can't restock this fast enough!
Aslina is a wine company owned by Ntsiki Biyela, the first Black woman winemaker in South Africa. She is a highly awarded winemaker, and in September 2017 was named among the Most Innovative Women in Food & Drink, by a joint effort of Food & Wine Magazine with Fortune Magazine. Aslina is the name of her late grandmother who was, and remains, her inspiration. Ntsiki Biyela grew up under her grandmother’s guidance and care. After 13 years of being a winemaker and ambassador of Stellekaya wines, Ntsiki Biyela continued her journey of inspiration by starting her own brand.
- Farming Practices: Organic, Biodynamic
- Harvesting Method: Manual
- Soils: Hutton and decomposed granite
- Fermentation: Crushed and pressed and stabilization was done.
- Yeast: Native
- Filtration: Unfined; Unfiltered
- Maturation: Aged on the lees for 4 months